Sunday, June 15, 2008

Horrible Horrors

So, my friend Mike is hosting a movie night entitled Horrible Horrors, featuring Army of Darkness, Braindead, and Dead and Breakfast. I have yet to see Dead and Breakfast, but both Army of Darkness and Braindead are full of comedic horror movie goodness. Seriously, envision zombie deaths via chainsaws and lawn mowers - epic, right? I thought Shaun of the Dead was a funny movie, but it barely holds a blood-spattered candle to these films. The terrible acting, the fountains of fake blood, and the ghastly bad special effects are gloriously molded together to create sheer awesomeness. And at the end of it all, there is no doubt that Bruce Campbell could pwn you with that chainsaw.
This got me thinking that a comedy-horror video game would be beyond absolutely amazing. Interactively using your surroundings as weapons and shields, perhaps challenges involving killing zombies with certain household items, such as a...cattle prod. Ok, I don't have one of those in my house either, but you get my drift. Are there any comedy-horror games out there? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Will do some searching...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think Dead Rising is technically a comedy/horror game, but it definitely has elements of humor in it. Check it out for Xbox 360.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. the only comedy/horror game that comes right to mind is "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" for the Super Nintendo.

It's a decent game, killing zombies with soda pop and a squirt gun is always fun, not too bad of graphics for the system as well.

Check it out if you get the chance and don't mind going back in times a decade or so.